11/16/12

No less, no more...

Most of them just wanted to talk, to be heard. 

Maybe we failed each other.

Because you have more money, or you live a little more comfortable, doesn't mean you're better than. 

Because you're homeless doesn't mean you're less than.

See, said the man, you don't have to smoke it; I just wanted you to know you could pick it up, because you didn't think you could...

...it feels hard to be homeless...being homeless is scary, it's sad, and it's embarrassing because people tease you...

It just seems like we don't exist, but we do exist...

Most of all I took away from this podcast a reminder that treating each other with respect and kindness is important and really can make a difference. I had so many feelings while listening to the stories told and I thought I was going to have a lot of words to go along with those feelings but what I found was that I needed the words to just speak for themselves. Did you listen to this podcast? If no, I would urge you yet again to take the time to listen to this one, maybe it will touch you too. You don't have to share your thoughts or your reactions but if you want to I would love to know them. Also you can read the thoughts of fellow pod club listeners Rachael and Leah.

No comments: