11/27/12

All she wants to do is dance...

I realized last night as I was leaving the studio from teaching contemporary/jazz that Monday's are my favorite day of the week. I know most people hate Monday, it's the start of the work week and most people don't love going to their jobs so they dread the end of the weekend. But for me, Monday means going to the High School in the afternoon to coach and clean (which I love), and then to the studio to teach contemporary/jazz to people who choose to come and learn dances from me that I create. I love that my "jobs" make me happy, that I'm always walking away from work in a good mood because I love what I do so much. I've had jobs in the past where I earned more money but I hated going to them and they sucked the joy out of my soul; I wouldn't want to go back to that sort of job for any amount of money. Find your joy and follow it...that way it won't matter if it's Monday or Saturday, you can love your life either way.

Tonight was the first night of tech rehearsals for the show choir and, honestly, I'd been sort of dreading it and getting myself stressed out about the amount of work it was going to be. But then I got there and was reminded "Jill, you idiot, it's singing and dancing what's  not to love." Tonight I heard one of the solos for the first time and was blown away...the goosebumps and teary eyes kind of blown away. I feel so lucky that I get to be a part of this group, I know it's a job technically but it doesn't feel like it. And I think that's when you know you're doing the right thing, when work feels more like play.
How life should be.

No comments: