10/18/12

Good for 33

Here's a little story for you, let me set it up: I was about a block away from the studio, wearing 12 year old black jazz pants (nope I'm not exaggerating), a long striped shirt, and a grey cardigan. Headphones in - finishing up choreography for classes. I was getting ready to cross the street when I noticed a guy jump out of a car that had just turned in front of me and started walking towards me. I was thinking he was going to ask me for directions or a light for a cigarette (those are the requests I get most often) but instead this happened:

Boy: Can I get your number
I stopped, in the middle of the street, and stared up at him (he was quite tall) sort of in shock because that was not what I was expecting. Then quickly I tried to figure out how I was going to let this nice boy down without being mean or having to hurt anyone's feelings. Then I realize...
Me: (with a smile) How old are you?
Boy: Twenty
Me: I'm thirty three, I might be a little old for you.
Boy: Really?
Me: Yep, but thank you for the compliment!
Boy: (as he's walking away) You look really good for 33.
Me: Thanks!

I have to say this short interaction made my day, probably my week, and maybe even next week as well.

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is so cute!! That would last a year for me. :)

Rachael said...

pretty good for 33? pretty DAMN good and let me tell you it should be happening to you every day but you live in...well you don't live in a big enough city:)