2/14/12

Special Skills: Judging People

Have you ever met someone that other people rave and obsess over and then afterwards wonder..."what was all that hype about?" I have. And the most annoying, frustrating part of the whole ordeal is that I have no one to talk to about it because everyone I know who also knows that person is caught up in a giant love fest. So I'm left to have conversations with myself (which in itself isn't abnormal for me) about how I just don't get it...what's the big deal...did i miss a memo...or did I just not drink the special punch along with everyone else?

I'm a nice person. I am. And I'm not just saying that to try to make friends. Usually when I meet people I like them, they like me, we move forward with life mutually in like. I also feel like I'm generally a good judge of character, I'm not a mind reader or anything and I'm not able to read people's auras (although, how cool would that be?), I just usually can get a good feel for people. And mostly I'm right. Not to sound all braggy or anything...it's just I've had a lot of practice of the years honing my "skills".

In a completely unrelated note: Elliot (the boy cat) loves eating popcorn...so I make some (read: an entire bowl) for myself and then throw the kernels out to him that haven't been fully flavored so I therefore have no use for. It's nice to share popcorn. Yep, I just said that. Share popcorn with a cat. It's official, I'm a crazy cat lady...please don't tell.

No comments: