2/19/12

So...this happened

Within two minutes of walking in the door to family dinner last Sunday my Papa asked me what my shirt said (it was a dance team shirt that was loud and had a lot of writing on it). I told him "it's a message about Dancers Against Drunk Driving my dance team is working on"....
At this point he cut me off by saying "oh I thought maybe it was about supporting gay marriage or something..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
uuuuuuuhhhhhmmmmm....
.
.
.
.
You may not have met my Papa before but let me just tell you it's impossible to disagree with that man. I mean seriously he is the definition of a cute old man and I dare you to meet him and say anything that might break his heart. So there was no way I was going to look him in the eyes (with my own mom and dad standing within hitting distance) and say "well actually I DO support gay marriage." So instead I stared awkwardly out the window, noticed that more family had shown up so moved to the door to greet them.

And then when it came time to actually sit down for dinner this other thing happened....
My mom asked sister Rachel what she'd been up to lately cause it seemed like they hadn't seen her lately. And, before she could answer my youngest brother Adam chirped up with this response: "drinking wine"
Oh! I about lost it! Hahaha my Mom, the queen of being Mormon, asks her daughter what she has been doing lately and her own son answers with "drinking wine"...Somehow I think I'm the only one who caught this and I could not be happier about it.

1 comment:

Gina Dickman said...

This just made my day!! hahaha too funny