2/27/12

Let's fly away

I ran into a quote today on the internet, and I loved it too much to keep it to myself especially because I know so many people who would also love it.

"Reading makes immigrants of us all. It takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere."    - Jean Rhys

It pretty much sums up everything I love about books and find so difficult to explain. I have found so many homes in between the covers of a book. I've been all around the world, I've even been to places that don't exist and each of those places and the people I met along the way have felt like home to me, like friends. Friends that are just waiting for me to pick them up again and get carried away whenever I need them. I think that's why I can't bear to get rid of any of my books, at one point or another they each helped me, whisked me away and if I ever need them again I know they'll be there for me.





No comments: