2/15/13

Things that make me happy and then really, really sad...

So this week for podclub we listened to a new podcast for me, Our Hen House, and while I enjoyed listening I don't think it's going to make it into my regular listening. The first, and final, portion of the program  was primarily about their wedding and I loved it. I thought the way they talked to each other, and about their day was adorable and sweet and it made me so very, very happy. However, the middle of it they talked to Dylan Powell about Marineland's cruel treatment of animals and I think I almost vomited while simultaneously crying on the bus. How do the people in charge of Marineland, or any other zoo/animal park, get to the point where they allow such things to happen, turn a blind eye, and support such treatment? Have they brainwashed themselves into somehow not feeling, not caring, or does it go so far that they actually believe they are in the right? It makes me sad, and it makes me mad, but it also makes me glad that there are people out there who are standing up against them and trying to change things. Dylan Powell was very well spoken, he was passionate and driven...animals need more people like him to help them out. For my part I do the best I can to make sure my two animals are very well loved and taken care of...and I think I do a pretty good job since most people think they are spoiled.
Elliot likes to lay like this...but do not be mistaken, he does NOT want his belly rubbed.
Emma is such a lady, and she would ALWAYS like her belly rubbed.

No comments: