2/20/13

Coconut Dreams

Remember when I mentioned last week that I had started a new thing called "oil pulling"?
This is the kind of oil I'm using
I said I'd update if I started seeing any benefits, and besides whiter teeth I have had other big and exciting result. I have started sleeping through the night without the aid of a sleeping pill. For a long time I have not been able to sleep without help. Falling asleep has always been difficult for me, staying asleep has been the bigger issue though and if I wake up in the middle of the night it's almost impossible for me to fall back to sleep if I hadn't taken a sleeping pill before going to bed. I'm not talking about a hard core pill, just unisom or zzzquil, over the counter sleep-aid but it's always done the trick. However in the past week I have slept through the night, or been able to fall right back to sleep after waking up, four times. The only thing I've been doing differently is the oil pulling, so even though it seems like a sort of strange side-effect, I believe that it's responsible. I could not be more thrilled. I'm still surprised how quickly the twenty minutes goes by. Now, every morning before I even have my first cup of coffee I've finished twenty minutes of cleaning - of both my body and my house.

No comments: