10/27/11

Your awesome, I new it all along...and other things their not gonna tell you

Oh my gosh you guys, I'm about to lose it. Misspellings are cropping up more and more and becoming even more stupid if that's possible. Tonight I saw someone misspell "knew" and instead they said "I new that." These things should not happen; I mean maybe one or two of them could be reasonably explained away through things like auto-correct, or momentary brain loss. But the level at which I'm seeing these things leads to me believe a lot of the population out there is walking around with permanent brain loss.

If you're reading this blog you probably already know of my extreme dislike for people who use "your" instead of "you're" or "their" instead of "they're". Are contractions really that difficult? Do people really not care that the sentence they're putting together makes no sense if they something like this: "I hope your coming to the party their going to have snacks and live music." Just think about that sentence for a minute...try to make it make sense with the spellings that are in there. I bet you can't do it.

I have to make a confession. My ex used "your" instead of "you're" in texts often. I silently judged him, but I should've broken up with him the very first time he did it. Standards people, you've got to have standards.

No comments: