10/11/11

To waste, or not to waste

A couple weekends ago I went to Seattle for a Coaches Conference, I can't say everything I heard there was brilliant, most of it was forgotten as soon as I stood up, or never even acknowledged because I was busy practicing my cursive by writing song lyrics but there was one thing that really stood out to me. The opening speaker is someone I've known for a very long time , she is dynamic and hilarious, she kept my attention the whole time and I actually took real notes. So here's what she said that really stood out to me: "Don't waste my heartbeats." If, with every heartbeat we get closer to death we need to make sure that every heartbeat counts. And yes, as I'm writing that I am sitting on my couch in sweats "playing" on the internet but those are things I really enjoy doing and so therefore are not wasted heartbeats. However, I recently wasted way too many heartbeats trying to convince someone that they wanted to be a part of my life, that I was worth it - those heartbeats I will never get back and I should've used them on something more worthwhile. Friends, don't waste your heartbeats and don't let other people waste them for you. I'm not just talking about boys here, there are a lot of situations/people in life that we devote ourselves to without appreciation or forward growth and it's time to look at those things and say: "I'm not going to allow you to waste any more of my heartbeats."

1 comment:

Rachael said...

much needed advice. it should be on a t-shirt or a mug or something!