9/23/10

Mmmmm....

I've decided to try a new hobby. Baking. So far I've really only made one thing but that's only because I can't have more than one dessert in my house at one time. I'm already eating this cake* for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, late night snack (what? Don't act like that's too much snacking.) Here is me trying to fit the entire cake into my mouth...
it didn't work. Which is why I'm forced to eat it sliver by sliver (calories don't count if you don't put the cake on a plate) until it's gone. There is not very much left. I figure I will easily finish the rest of it today which means tomorrow I can bake something else just in time for my sisters to get here. (Yahoo! Sisters!)

Anyhow, I am now on the hunt for my next recipe to try and I'm getting a little annoyed. Why do so many desserts have to be tainted with walnuts? I know I could probably just leave them out but I judge things based on how they look, and if there is a picture of a dessert with walnuts in it I just keep on moving. Nuts are not welcome in my desserts, they don't belong there and I get irritated when people try to force me to have some protein with my sweets.

I'm not a picky eater. In terms of foods I don't like it's now down to: beets. I think they taste like dirt, I don't care how pretty they are I won't eat them. That's it. Just beets, otherwise I'm really easy to please and will try anything (as long as it's not burn my taste-buds off spicy.) However when it comes to dessert I am very picky. I don't like chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, cookie dough ice cream, any sort of anything with nuts in it, carrot cake (again-don't try to disguise something healthy as a treat), or anything cherry flavored. See? Kinda picky, but if I'm going to indulge in dessert then I feel it's okay to be picky about what deciding what to eat.

I'm on the hunt...I'm sure I'll let you know what I make, and if you want some of it you'd better be quick about it.








*This cake is a white cake with added bonus yumminess of instant vanilla pudding, 7-up, and other cake stuff. It's also a homemade frosting, which looks more like a glaze because I got impatient (what, me? impatient? never.) and tried to frost the cake before it was completely cool.

1 comment:

Brad and Holly said...

Jill.. this post made me want to come to Portland to get some of that cake!