9/19/09

Things about me that sometimes I wish were different:

I have nightmares if I watch anything even remotely violent or scary. Last night I watched Dateline with the manfriend and had three separate nightmares last night that people were trying to kill me. I have had to give up many things I used to enjoy because of my overactive imagination, things like CSI/Law & Order and Suspense Novels of all sorts. However this can sometimes be a good thing because it also is true if I watch something like Harry Potter...I have dreams that I am magic. And those, those are GOOD dreams.

I am very sensitive. I get my feelings hurt very easily and on top of that I have a hard time letting go of things. I usually am upset until I feel like the person who hurt my tender feelings has suffered adequately. Really though, I usually wind up just hurting me more in the long run. There really is no upside to this personality flaw, but I am not sure how to fix it so I just try to move forward knowing this about myself.

Things about me that I would not change for a million dollars:

I am easily amused. It does not take much to entertain me, which means my life is generally entertaining and enjoyable. I laugh a lot, even at my own jokes. I think this little thing has helped keep me young.

I am a very trusting person, and trust people right away until they give me a reason not to. I know a lot of people who are opposite, who wait to trust until people prove they can be trusted and I think that's okay too, but they spend a lot of time not believing what is being said to them and doubting people. I think for me trusting is the best way to go.

I am very easy going, and usually am very good at going with the flow. Letting the knowledge that things will always work out calm me and move me forward. I don't have a lot of stress in my life because of this and I like that I am able to keep this attitude even when things get hard.

No comments: