12/8/12

Snowing and dreaming

I'm a day late with my pod club response but I feel like I have a pretty good excuse. Yesterday I was up at 6am to go to Leavenworth as a chaperone with the Hanford High German Club. It was such a wonderful day, it snowed big beautiful chunks of snow but the roads were only wet so the driving wasn't scary. I ate delicious foods and looked at lots of pretty things.



















We didn't leave until after four, which means I didn't make it back to my house until close to nine. I was exhausted and needed to just get to sleep so I had to put off writing about dreams until this afternoon. But, I'm trusting that you'll still like me anyhow and won't hold it against me too much.

I have usually been good at remembering my dreams, and I can especially remember reoccurring nightmares and themes. However, most of my dreams are crazy things that would never happen in real life but there is usually something hiding in there ready to teach me a lesson about how I'm thinking or feeling about life at any given point in time. So, even though I couldn't figure out what the guy's story about seeing the naked man pooping on the toilet had to do with dreams I did understand how that one isolated incident could lead to a lot of bigger realizations in his life.
Sometimes it takes our subconscious mind playing out scenarios to make us realize how we really feel. There isn't any place for us to hide in our dreams and even though I've been successful a couple times in changing my dream as I'm dreaming, most of the time I have to sit back and see how it all plays out. See how I feel at the end of it and then wake up and figure it all out.
This has happened to me a few times in the past week or so and even though the dreams can be stressful and the feelings I have upon waking up are not pleasant they've helped me realize that what I am expecting from situations and people is much different than I tell myself during the day. I am working through things in my dreams right now which then helps me work through them in real life because I know I can handle it. Does that make sense? No? Well neither dreams but I get the gist anyhow.











No comments: