12/12/12

Choose One

I was browsing around on the internet tonight and found this picture with the caption:

Biochemistry Necklace - Which one would you choose?
So, I looked and I thought and I was a little surprised with my answer. I'm going to tell you what I came up with but before I do, why don't you think about it for a minute...which one would you choose if you could only choose one?




I landed on Serotonin - happiness, satisfaction. My first thought was that obviously I would want the dopamine - love, passion but then I started thinking about it...love and passion does not guarantee happiness.  Would I really want a life that wasn't full of happiness and satisfaction just to guarantee love or passion? And the answer was no, I want happiness and satisfaction and I believe I can find those things even if it means finding them on my own. Then I looked at acetylcholine- learning, dreaming, memory, and after wresting between serotonin and dopamine it was an easy pick. Happiness and satisfaction in life seems like a great accomplishment and it was sort of eye-opening to me tonight to realize that I would pick that over love. But I would and I do.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i picked seratonin based on shape alone:) i could not wear those other shapes and i don't know why! subliminal? perhaps my brain knows what's best.