1/11/12

Tricks

In my quest to become a skinnier version of myself I've done a few things to help the process. No brainer things that I swear I've tried before but without success. Things like: eating healthier, smaller meals and upping the amount I move and work out. Calories in - Calories Out= weight loss. Easy, peasy. Everyone knows that. So, why hasn't it worked for me in the past? No clue. All I know is that I can happily report that it's working for me now. I've lost (and hope to never find) 5lbs so far. Whoop Whoop!

One of the things that makes it difficult for me to follow a healthy, low fat, lower calorie diet is that when I'm hungry I would like to have food in my mouth IMMEDIATELY! I don't want a meal to take me longer than 5 minutes from start to finish to put together, mostly because it's not going to take me that long to eat it and spending more time preparing than eating (especially when it's just for me) just seems wrong some how. Also something that is tricky is finding recipes, even for the crock-pot, that have a short list of ingredients. I stop looking at it if the list is over 5 things. I've been given a suggestion to post my "non-recipes" that I create for the crock-pot...and if they are delicious I think I'll do just that.

The other thing that gets in my way is my lack of ability to commit to a workout "routine". I get bored and it's very easy for me to talk myself out of, especially if it's going to take me 10min or more. So, what I've done instead is this: I keep my set of hand weights in the living room and I do little workouts throughout the day. When I take a break from reading to go to the bathroom I come back and do some push-ups and squats. When I'm getting ready I take a break and do some sit-ups and side reaches. You get the picture. That way I'm still fitting in some fitness but it's not all at once, in fact some days it adds up to more than I would've done in one 20 minute video session. It's my non-workout way to workout.

No comments: