11/16/11

I wish I could be thankful for a fireplace

I am usually not a fan of starting one holiday before it's time - I think Thanksgiving gets passed over for the flashier and louder Christmas and I do not approve. But today I needed something to warm the cockles of my heart, and to do so I turned to music, Christmas music. Right now I'm listening to a holiday station on Pandora and it's doing just the job it was intended for.
Just because life doesn't look the way I thought it would at this point in my life doesn't mean I don't have things to be thankful for. I'm going to make it more of a point to focus on those things in hopes that by the time Christmas rolls around this year I'll have a lot less cockles that need warming.

Today I am thankful for:



Yes, I'm thankful for my cats. I take back all those words I said about me not being a pet person and admit that I was wrong. Last weekend they were both gone at the vet all day long and it was very lonely at my house, it made me realize that having these two little kitties in my life warded off a lot of loneliness without me even realizing it.

No comments: